Friday, June 19, 2009

A Lesson at the Park

"Mommy? Mommy?" my daughter asked as she looked for me. I saw her and called out "I'm over here, sweetie!" As soon as she spotted me, the panic-struck look on her face eased into a smile. She then continued playing in the water fountain at the park.

This happened a few times between my daughter and my son. They were focused on playing and running around and lost sight of where I was sitting. I never lost sight of them though. Eventually, they remembered where I was sitting.

At times, my relationship with God resembles this. I become so focused on what is going on around me, I lose sight of God. Thankfully, He never loses sight of me. When I look around and call out His name, He replies "I'm here. I've been here all along." My panic-struck heart then calms and I continue on, but this time focusing more on God.